ACE's Practical Guide to Functional Upper-Body Anatomy
is a resource that was created specifically for personal trainers and group-fitness instructors that lays the foundation for understanding how anatomy affects movement. Hands-on learning examples allow viewers to apply what they learn to their own bodies. The DVD also covers the basic vocabulary of anatomy related to the upper body, describing gross anatomical structures that are essential knowledge for all fitness professionals. Each muscle description is followed by examples of effective exercises, enabling viewers to apply their knowledge of anatomy in a practical way.
Among the topics covered:
- Neutral anatomical position
- Abduction, adduction, and rotation
- Pronation and supination
- Pelvic tilt
- Various joint movements-wrist, hand and ankle, foot
- Scapular movement
- Sagittal, frontal, and transverse planes of movement
- Muscle characteristics
- Major muscle groups
- The muscles that act on the scapulae
- The muscles that act on the shoulder
- The muscles that act on the elbow
Produced in cooperation with the American Council on Exercise.