The (5) presentations from the Select Symposium at the 2008 ACSM annual meeting on using culturally tailored interventions to promote physical activity in diverse communities are included on a single DVD. Almost two hours of authoritative information and insights, featuring:
- Introduction and Overview (Evelyn B. Kelly)
- Culture-Based Physical Activity Research: Guidelines and Strategies (Guadalupe X. Ayala)
- Development and Implementation of Culturally Appropriate Physical Activity Intervention Program Among Hispanics (Carlos J. Crespo)
- Cultural Considerations and Approaches to Developing Effective Physical Activity Interventions Among African Americans (NiCole R. Keith)
- Native American Communities: Interventions to Promote Physical Activity (Nicolette I. Teufel-Shone)
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine.