Fitness Testing for Fire Fighters
reviews the physical demands placed on fire fighters and discusses thephysical abilities that fire fighters should possess to meet those challenges. The DVD presents adetailed overview of how the fitness level of fire fighters should be tested and discusses severalinitiatives in this regard that have been undertaken across the United States. The DVD also reviewsseveral legal factors that health/fitness professionals need to know about fire fighter fitness testing.
Among the topics covered:
- Physical ability test (PAT)
- Fitness testing and the law
- Fitness for what?
- Health-related fitness (HRF) testing
- Physical ability test design
- Current professional initiatives
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).