Lipid Metabolism: Molecular Regulation and Integrated Responses to Exercise reviews several of the key factors involved with the body's metabolism of lipids. Featuring a panel of four renowned experts in their field, the DVD explores the role of microlipids and exercise-induced factors that increase lipolysis. The DVD also looks at the results of a study using mice that looked at the changes in muscle fibers and metabolism caused by perilipin 5 overexpression. In addition, the DVD discusses the relationship between plasma triglyceride and lipid oxidation following exercise. Finally, the DVD delves into the connection between lipid metabolism and insulin sensitivity.
Among the topics covered:
• Lipid droplet remodeling and control of lipolysis (Takeshi Hashimoto)
• MicroLDs contain FA derived from large LDs or synthesized de novo?
• Changes in muscle fibers and whole animal metabolism caused by muscle specific perilipin 5 overexpression (Nathan Wolins)
• We hypothesize that perilipin 5 over expression improves mice's ability to clear fat from circulation
• Plasma triglyceride and fatty acid kinetics following exercise (Gregory C. Henderson)
• Muscle lipid metabolism in relation to exercise and insulin sensitivity (Bret Goodpaster)
• Fuel selection in human skeletal muscle in insulin resistance