The Benefits of Exercise for All Ages Against Osteoporosis
provides a basic introduction to the properties of bones and the changes in bones that occur with aging and with osteoporosis. The DVD outlines the role of exercise at various stages of life. In younger women, the emphasis is on preventing bone loss and building bone mass. During midlife, the emphasis is on slowing down bone loss. After menopause, the emphasis is on preserving bones and minimizing the risk of falling and fractures.
Among the topics covered:
- Basic concepts and definitions regarding bones and osteoporosis
- Risk factors for osteoporosis
- Exercise prescription for
- adolescents to women aged 30 years
- women aged 30 to 50 years before menopause
- postmenopausal women and women with osteoporosis with and without fractures
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine.