Manage your camp more effectively with the leading textbook for camp administration courses everywhere, including the American Camping Association`s Basic Camp Director Course. The authors, seasoned and respected professionals, share their expertise in seventeen insightful and newly revised chapters filled with resources, useful examples, and a wealth of important information on topics important to all camp administrators:
- The Tradition of Camping
- What Is the Camp Director`s Job?
- Where Does the Program Begin?
- The Participant
- Designing the Program
- Personnel Organization
- Personnel Recruitment
- Staff Orientation and Training
- Staff Supervision and Performance Appraisal
- Selection, Development, and Maintenance of the Site
- Risk Management
- Operation and Supervision: Central Administrative Services
- Business and Finance
- Evaluation and Reporting
- Professional Growth
It is increasingly critical for camps to prove their importance in the youth-development arena by providing measurable outcomes. This new edition helps you meet the needs of campers, parents, and staff in professional, outcome-driven ways-in a more user and Internet friendly format.