2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
provides an overview of the science-based guidelines that were developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to help Americans, ages six and older, improve their health through appropriate physical activity. Featuring the chair of the HHS writing group that developed the actual guidelines, the DVD details the health benefits of physical activity and reviews the amount and type of physical activity required to obtain those benefits. The DVD also examines several important issues that were addressed in the translation of scientific evidence into practical guidelines.
Among the topics covered:
- Issues encountered while creating the guidelines
- Physical activity guidelines for children and adolescents (ages 6-17)
- Physical activity guidelines for adults (ages 18-64)
- Physical activity guidelines for older adults (ages 65+)
- Additional considerations for some adults
- Questions and answers
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine.