Exercise or Rest? Intensity vs. Recovery
examines the key factors involved in determining the optimal blend of exercise intensity versus time for recovery. In a manner that is easy to understand and apply, the DVD details how individuals can know whether they are working too hard or not enough. The DVD also presents an overview of a physically active individual's hydration, nutrition, and sleep needs.
Among the topics covered:
- Identifying the sources of information
- The optimal level of exercise intensity vs. time for recovery
- Why people exercise
- The body's hormonal response to exercise
- Heart-rate monitoring during exercise
- Exercise-related fatigue
- Workout stimulus/intensity
- Hydration needs
- Nutrition needs
- Sleep needs
- The plan
Produced in cooperation with the IDEA Health and Fitness Association.