Exercise as an Antidote for Obesity: Considerations Regarding Fitness and Mortality
reviews the impact that exercise and obesity have on an individual's health status. The DVD examines the fact that in the last 10-to-15 years, the level of obesity in the United States has increased in every state, in both genders, and across all age groups, races, types of backgrounds, and smoking statuses. The factors that have contributed significantly to the epidemic of sedentary lifestyles and obesity are also detailed. Finally, the role of the American Heart Association in combating this epidemic by disseminating new knowledge is discussed.
Among the topics covered:
- The current obesity epidemic
- Fitness, fatness, and mortality
- Effective strategies for weight reduction
- Fraudulent gadgets, gimmicks, and claims
- The role of the American Heart Association
Produced in cooperation with the American Council on Exercise.