Overweight and obesity are well establishedas health risks, and the prevalenceof these conditions is increasing rapidly in many countries around theworld.Fitness or Fatness: Which Is MoreImportant For Health? explores the role ofphysical activity in relation to overweight or obesity. The DVD examinesthe factthat a fit and active way of life reduces the risk of substantial weightgainovertime, is useful in weight-loss programs, appears to be crucial inmanagingweight loss, and provides health benefits to overweight and obeseindividuals. Inthat regard, the DVD addresses the fact that health/fitnessprofessionals andorganizations should place a greater emphasis on physical activity forweightmanagement than is presently done.Among topics covered:
- Aerobics center longitudinal study
- Fitness, fatness, and health
- Is the average total daily caloric intake increasing?
- Assessment of body weight
- Trends in riding lawnmower sales
- How should we deal with the obesity epidemic?
- Attributable fractions of health outcomes